alpha

Friday 28 June 2013


George Bernard Shaw once wrote:
"There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it."

Clearly, Shaw had his heart broken once or twice.

As far as I'm concerned, Shaw was a punk. Cause you know what? Tragedies happen. What are you gonna do, give up? Quit? No. I realize now that when your heart breaks, you got to fight like hell to make sure you're still alive. Because you are. And that pain you feel? That's life. The confusion and fear? That's there to remind you, that somewhere out there is something better, and that something is worth fighting for.

This year, I got everything I wanted and everything I wished for. But in a way, I lost even more.

Yes, losing your heart's desire is tragic. But gaining your heart's desire? That's all you can hope for. This year I wished for love... to immerse myself in someone else and to wake a heart long afraid to feel. My wish was granted. And if having that is tragic, then give me tragedy. Because I wouldn't give it back for the world.



Now that I think about it, why do I always find the redeeming qualities in people? Trust and respect should be earned not just assumed. Foolish, foolish me. Meeting new people gained a new scary dimension for me, because how do you know if that person you've just shaken hands with, or found generally cool and kind or even fascinating (screw my general fasciation with people) won't just fuck you over in the end? Those are the days when I come back to the songs of the past, reminding me that I'd been treated worse and that I got through it. Away, away, says hate. 





GOODBYE YEAR ONE.
you will be missed like hell.

guest appearance of my friend's Smena M8 :)

1 comment:

© Dipped in Rococo ~ lifestyle in analog Maira Gall.