succulent love.

Thursday 17 July 2014



A couple of days ago I had some fun with my makro rings and my newly bought succulents. Okay, I gave in, Sara, Katie and Evelyn (and many other, actually) made me fall in love with those little plants. I have not named my three yet and I have not bought any cute flowerpots for them. It is still in works. Apparently there is a lot of succulents out there and I am still not sure what mine are. Do you have any favourites? Any tips of handling them? :)

I had bought the makro rings awhile ago, so I can postpone the moment of buying another lens in the near future and I have to say they work like magic! It totally changes the experience and their price was practically nothing, so I really recommend them to you. My new Ferrania Solaris roll just came (I am shamelessly keeping it for Budapest though). It is just one roll though, and it took me awhile to even found it online. Do you know where one can get Ferrania films? (Especially fresh ones, not expired?)  I am on a hunt for new analog experience. By the way, has any of you been to Budapest before? Can you recommend us anything to see there? :) By the way, if you'd like your blog to appear on Dipped in Rococo, there is something you can check out in the sidebar.


I only have two weeks left in this city. Days go by and I get a little sadder with each day. It is hard to go on, seeing lives of hospitalized people, especially people who are so nice to you, and you see them with their families. And with how sad I am right now it's really tough for me to focus on any other topic. So please excuse me for that short little post. I just wanted you to see the pictures. 







19 comments:

  1. Hospital visits are endearingly sad. Not only regarding those you are visiting, but those whom you pass by in your own healthy, quickened steps. It reminds us that health is a blessing, and even breathing is a miraculous act.
    I certainly do wish for your last few days to be ones of profound meaning :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Żywię ogromną miłość do kaktusów, czym bardziej ostre igiełki posiadają tym lepiej ;) Podlewam je tylko raz w tygodniu i mają się bardzo dobrze, jedyny problem to kwestia przesadzenia - nie mam pojęcia jak się do tego zabrać :/ Śliczne zdjęcia, takie minimalistyczne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I have never heard of Ferrania film and feel like a horrible photography-lover now. But hurrah for succulents. I've got the same one as you, the greenish one with the long... ...things. But I'm afraid I'm even killing him :( I don't handle living things very well if they can't say to me what they need, so it seems. I named mine George, as I thought George was a tough cookie... I should maybe show him a bit more love... - On a completely different, not-mental, note I have never been in Budapest but I hear strolling around the city centre is pretty marvellous already.

    Also, I hope everything is well, I often think that hospital visits are sad and hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I love succulents and cacti!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soft focus in these is <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw they're so cute! I don't have any of my own. Budapest sounds amazing, excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute, I want to get some for my new uni room in september :)
    Marissa Jamie : Faithfully, Marissa ♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have succulents just like that! They are so cute and beautiful. Lovely photos too. Following you now xx

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. sliczne zdjecia, bardzo delikatne!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Succulents are the best! I love to squeeze their little arms. Is that weird? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so beautiful! Stunning colours. Would love to decorate my flat with succulents but I don't have enough surfaces for them. Maybe in the next flat!

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing colors - I am so glad you gave in because it is not something you would ever regret. :) The macro rings look like they are a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful ! I also started to get cactus and succulents obsessed, my collection keeps growing and growing !

    ReplyDelete
  14. awwww so happy to have inspired such a great love :)
    just water them once a week and for my experience they will last forever...it the get the right amount of light they grow and 'make babies' you can put in other pots or give to other people :)
    i dont ever get to see tudor film here :/
    i like it very much for what i see in your pictures!
    ferrania is not easy to find here either...
    i got a Fuji pro h to try out this next week :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kaktusy jakoś źle mi się kojarzą, ale te Twoje wyglądają jakoś tak... uroczo :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Masz piekne zdjecia na blogu!! Bede zagladac!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friend bought me plant similar to this! This last picture made me melt! WOW I am in love with it.
    Amazing series and again your words are so deep

    ReplyDelete

© Dipped in Rococo ~ lifestyle in analog Maira Gall.