what, when, how

Wednesday 11 November 2015


When I was in the junior high school, my best friend (at a time) and I used to have this quote taken from one of the teen drama books, it went "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not, remember that what you have was once among the things you only hoped for." It is by Epicurus and somehow it landed in front of my 13 teenage eyes. It is pretty likely that at that time I had no idea who Epicurus was (even after taking philosophy class two years ago I can recall that he was Greek and a philosopher and started his own thinking path). So I was very young, but this quote made its way into my heart, even though I am not a person of words, I am a person of calculation, growth and cells. I do not know it for sure, but it is one quote that has followed me for almost ten years, everywhere I went, I sort of live by it. It is a sad quote, almost tragic because it presents evolution of the mind and how it will always run ahead of us, changing our direction before we realise it. Thanks to this blog I can now share it with you, and it makes my heart grow fonder.


So I am taking this break that I have thanks to Poland's National Independence Day and decided to sit down and plan some things for this blog! :) I can finally tell you how happy I am that the Guest blogger October that I organised on this blog last month was such a success. I feel like I have grown closer with some people and I loved to see my blog blossom even when I was completely burried with university stuff. It is so cool to be able to promote so many talented people, each with a different point of view and interests. I want to keep the guest post thing going, definitely, so from time to time I will reach out to people whom I really adore and find inspiring, and think that you would love them too. I want to thank everyone who was a part of the Guest blogger October, I had a blast having you here!


I also finally organised my advertising options, so now you can look them all up in this section right here. I finally started selling ads, which is super exciting and motivating! I keep thinking to myself that what I still need to do is to finally start being serious about Pinterest and also create my media kit! I keep putting it off because I seriously do not have time for such stuff right now. My computer is dead. Well, technically I would call it a zombie. Because nothing works yet it lives. Please keep your fingers crossed so I get a scholarship this year so I can kick this bastard's ass and buy myself a properly working device! It would make blogging so much easier!


Out of the things that are pretty recent. I have been wearing upper braces for two weeks now. And let me just tell you how beautiful I feel wearing them. It is crazy. I keep thinking to finally start writing about stuff that I learn at uni, meaning dentistry stuff. But I have no idea how I could make it work! This blog is so about art and photography and feelings, how can I write about dental stuff?? If you have any idea, please help me out. Even if I do not work it out, I want to make a series of posts about braces, why and when you should think about getting them, things I wasn't told before I put the on (I am only just starting my orthodontics class at uni, so some things were pretty unexpected...) and stuff like that!


How have you been? What is the one thing that you want to do for yourself and your blog this month? You may inspire me with your answers! :)

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dipped in Rococo ~ lifestyle in analog Maira Gall.